What is Car-Camping?
Car camping for us is being able to drive right to our tent site, packing everything we need in our vehicle (or towing it behind).
There are other types of camping (like canoe-camping, backpacking, bicycle camping). They all need similar items (shelter, bedding, and a way to prepare food) but most often the gear changes for each type of adventure.
Car camping is a great place to start with your outdoor adventures. It can be as simple or as complex as you want, and it is probably the least expensive of the camping types to get into. We do a lot of car camping because it makes a great base camp for all of our other favorite adventures.
For us the answers are varied....
- We can take everything we want (well....except the kitchen sink!)
- We can do all of our favorite activies in one weekend (kayak AND bicycle AND hike).
- Carrying dutch ovens is MUCH easier in a car.
- We have time to relax and truly PLAY with our daughter.
- If you need to go in the middle of the night, you can!
- We have more options for destinations with car camping.